Heyhey:)

This is just a random thought/probe to see what people think..

When I hoop, I usually hoop in jeans or shorts (so my legs are bare) (usually jeans cos I get cold easily). What about everybody else.

Particularly, does anybody hoop in skirts - both long and flowing and shorter. I've been thinking about it for a performance but I've never tried to hoop in a skirt and was just wondering if it'd just get in the way of leg hooping (my skirts tend to come to midway down my thighs).

Ta:)

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like hooping in skirts as well as other things. I just wear cute hot pants/boy shorts underneath because I don't worry where it is going to fly. I would have issues in long skirts but not mid thigh. I have come to love skirts and dresses. They are so free and flowing.
The only issue I've found with skirts is occasionally they'll catch in a barrel roll and flash my undies, ha ha. with the right material you can leg hoop in a flowy skirt no problem.
I've tried to hoop in skirts, but they seem to fall down lol! Yoga pants are always best for me.
I find skirts make it more difficult to move the hoop back up, unless they are fitting skirts.
I enjoy hooping in skirts no longer than knee length. I've tried hooping in long skirts before, but I always manage to get them all tangled up in the hoop :P
I don't wear pants as a whole, so my hooping is always done in a skirt. Mostly I like ones that come just above the knee so I can still do step throughs and one leg hooping. Long skirts are still great to hoop in, but I find you are just limited with what you can do with your legs. So long as it isn't slippery material though, it doesn't affect knee hooping or anything though!
i liek to hoop in  skirts  but i  find  personally   its  alot  harder for me  to  do   one legged hooping,  and  step throuhgs.  sometimes ill tuck my  skirt up  but   eh. still looking  for a  good  solution
I tend to have a more "flowy" flow, so my favorite thing to wear is a tiered flowy skirt. It looks awesome when you spin!

What I am wearing usually affects how I hoop - more so from the feeling I get when wearing it than what restrictions it may create. In skirts it's all about sustained spinning - and they really are dramatic for performances. I'd say as long as you have some shorts underneath it's all good! Some flashing CAN happen if your hoop decides to play a trick on you and bring your skirt up behind you!

http://kymspins.blogspot.com/

I've been having problems with hooping outfits since day one.  I like to hoop in dance/yoga pants, things that are meant to stay put while you move, but I love wearing skirts!  I recently started wearing a one-piece bathing suit while I hoop...if it's hot, I can just hoop in that, and if I want to wear something over it, it can fall down or flip up without exposing my butt!  Also, shirts can ride up and get tangled and I get frustrated having to pull them back down mid-hoop...totally takes you out of the moment.  So the bathing suit definitely solved a lot of problems!  I really wanted a leotard, but didn't really have the funds, but then realized that bathing suits are kind of the same thing (but with fun patterns!)  I like to put the skirt over the bathing suit and sling it low, it also just looks really cute.

This is a useful topic for me! Since we're just heading out of winter, I've been wearing more pants than usual, but in warmer weather I wear skirts almost exclusively. It hasn't been a problem for me yet because I haven't advanced to leg hooping and step-throughs and that sort of thing yet, but I hope to make that progress soon.

I am not terribly self-conscious about people seeing my underwear, but maybe I should save others the embarrassment and wear hot pants or something. Anyone have recommendations for where to buy under-skirt shorts? I can't think where to begin to shop for them!

Ariel, I just got bicycle shorts at Walmart, around $10 or something like that. They work well under skirts because they are form fitting and no pockets or extras. They are that "slippery" material.. so if you are wearing a cotton skirt, it doesn't bunch of when you walk. :)

RSS

Where can I access my classes?

Unfortunately, I am going to have to MANUALLY transfer over 1700 students to the new site. When it is ready I'll be posting EVERYWHERE with instructions on how to log into your account. I'll do whatever it takes to make this work so you don't lose your access.

Predicted launch date: January 23rd, 2016

Thank you for your patience and support!

Much love,
Safire

Hoop City Sponsors

© 2016   Created by SaFire*.   Powered by

Hoop City Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service