Hey everyone,
To be honest I've been wanting to reach out about this topic for quite some time, kinda sad that I haven't had the motivation until now, but better now than never i suppose!

I have an anxiety disorder. Not the social anxiety type, but stress induced. Typically this wouldn't be too hard to manage, but I'm in school, and exams freak me out A LOT. I get so nervous I can't study, my body shuts down and I get sick, can't sleep, don't eat, and get kinda scary anxiety "attacks", I often get so scared that I lose the motivation to actually leave my house. If I do manage to make it to the exam I blank out, or can't focus on the questions... it's miserable.

Although I've finally been forced to admit this is a problem, I don't like taking the meds because they make me feel off, or numb, or not myself, which is uncomfortable and not the result I wish to achieve.

So I'm wondering, how do YOU lovely people deal with stress? What are YOUR stories?
There is strength in numbers after all.

Peace, love, and light.
-Brella (Rehanna)

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey guys.

I've got my own history of panic attacks and being overly emotional at times. Thankfully I have a husband who understands and helps keep me grounded.

In addition to the exercise and hobbies that people have suggested, I would recommend acupuncture. At the beginning of the year I was getting acupuncture done once a week and taking Chinese herbal supplements to help with my stress and anxiety levels. It took a little while but I did begin to notice improvement. I wasn't so high-strung and easily set off. I was more relaxed and took things in stride.

I realize acupuncture in many areas is expensive so this may not be an option for those in financial crises. I count myself blessed to live in an area where there is an acupuncture intern clinic that offers treatments for $25. Chinese herbal supplements are much cheaper than prescription drugs (usually around $8 a bottle) and have little to no side effects. If you are financially able to, try acupuncture once a week for a month and see how your body responds.

Best of luck!

I find affirmations work for me..I figure out what I am feeling, as in, if I feeling scared I tell myself (atleast 10 or more times) "there is no need for me to feel scared,I am safe and loved,I release the need to feel scared."

I also read a passage from a book that has helped me get my "depression" under control.

Deep at the center of my being there is an infinite well of love.I now allow this love to flow to the surface-It fills my heart , my body , my mind, my conscioness , my very being , and radiates out from me in all directions and returns to me multiplied. The more love I use and give , the more I have to give-the supply is endless. The use of love makes me feel good. It is an expression of my inner joy. I love myself; therefore,I tahe loving care of my body. I lovingly feed it nourishing foods and beverages. I lovingly groom and dress it, and my body lovingly responds to me with vibrant health and energy. I love myself; therefore, I provide for myself a comfortable home, one that fills all my needs and is a pleasure to be in. I fill the rooms with the vibration of love so that all who enter, myself included, will feel this love and be nourished by it. I love myself ; therefore, I work at a job that I truly enjoy doing, one that uses my creative talents and abilities , working with and for people whom I love and wo love me, and earning good income. I love myself; therefore, I behave and think in a loving way to all people- for I know that that which I give out returns to me multiplied. I only attract loving people in my world , for they are a mirror of what I am. I love myself; therefore, I forgive and totally release the past and all past experiences and I am free. I love myself; therefore, I totally live in the now,experiencing each moment as good and knowing that my future is bright and joyous and secure- for I am a beloved child of the Universe, and the Universe lovingly takes care of me now and forever more. AND SO IT IS.
-You can heal your life-
by- Louise L. Hay

RSS

© 2014   Created by SaFire*.

Hoop City Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service