Some of Our Best Features

Introduce Yourself

1. How old are you?
2. When did you first start hooping?
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper?
4. How often do you hoop?
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space?
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it?
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping?
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many?
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with?
10. Do you teach hooping?
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping?
12. What is your favorite song right now?
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own?
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop?
15. What size is your favorite hoop?
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place?
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today?
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher?
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers?
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to?
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it?
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City?
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)?
24. What is the last trick you mastered?
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn?
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get?
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city?
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience?
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop?
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop?
31. Have you ever hooped naked? All the time!
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one?

Views: 4380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1. How old are you? 14
2. When did you first start hooping? Honestly... yesterday.
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? Beginner.
4. How often do you hoop? Starting to everyday.
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? Yes
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? Nope
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? Definitely addicted.
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? Not yet!!
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? My aunt, my aunts friend, and my moms friend.
10. Do you teach hooping? No
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? I dont know..upbeat.
12. What is your favorite song right now? Somebody that I used to know by Gotye
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? Ive borrowed my aunts friends beginner hoop.
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? Just started yesterday..so not yet!
15. What size is your favorite hoop? umm..idk? Beginner?
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? Haven't done it yet. 
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? My aunt and videos.
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? My aunt. (not a real hoop teacher though, just sort of an inspiration)
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? Umm...idk.
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? No, and YES!
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? no
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? Just got one!
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? Back roll.
24. What is the last trick you mastered? The Burlesque Bow.
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? The vortex.
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? Im not sure. 
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? like..4
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? No
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? Nope.
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? Just bruising.
31. Have you ever hooped naked? Nope...maybe Ill try..
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? Nope.

1. How old are you? 21
2. When did you first start hooping? about a year ago... march 2011-ish
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? Intermediate is some aspects, a beginner in others, and advanced as far as tech goes
4. How often do you hoop? every day.... even if its just for 5 minutes, it is extremely rare that I don't find myself with a hoop in hand at least once a day... usually a couple of hours a day; once I start, I just can't stop.
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? no... so sad.
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? there isn't an official hoop group... we have a fire troupe and a facebook where we can all share our triumphs and such, but we never meet or anything like that... "hoopligans"
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? yes and yes... it is subsiding a little bit now, but I'm still enthralled with it. After almost 3 years of spinning poi I'm still madly in love with it as well, so I don't see it ever fading away.
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? Yessir, somewhere around 20 I think, probably more... i only count a few of them as being legit though... most of them are so I can look back and see how far I've come.
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? yes, my best friend and next door neighbor is a fellow hoopligan, and I know quite a few other people that get down as well
10. Do you teach hooping? not formally... but I love to teach people tricks and give them tips... I think I get more excited about other people learning something new than when I do!
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? chillstep and drum and bass and orchestral stuff... ronald jenkees, ratatat, galimatias, rameses b, emancipator... and all of the local djs and my friends' music.
12. What is your favorite song right now? System - Lights (cross them out remix)
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? I contribute to hoop supplies and my partner in crime makes them, unless I'm feeling super on top of it, I despise taping hoops...I just wanna play!
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? not lost... but things have relocated to say the least. I think I was 140 when I started hooping and I am 135 now, but nothing fits the same and I look like a better version of myself a year ago.
15. What size is your favorite hoop? 33-34
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? oh hell yes... without having indoor space, how else would I learn??
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? practice practice practice practice... hours and hours and hours and videotaping myself so I can see what works and what flops. I occasionally watch videos for inspiration, but mostly its my, my hoop, and some tunes... every time I pick up a hoop I learn something new.
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? I don't know, I've never been taught by a teacher per say... I do really enjoy Babz Tutorials. 
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? stick with your hoop, don't be afraid to do your thing, it will pay off.
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? I do occasionally, I will get one of my own eventually, but I'm not too concerned about it.
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? I have a 33" spectrum from moodhoops... its my favorite hoop hands down.
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? way too much.... it rivals facebook
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? the lift up/vortex
24. What is the last trick you mastered? vertical knee reversals in both directions
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? shoulder hooping in my opposite current... and my dominant one too actually... I remember thinking that if I ever got it I would be satisfied for life... boy was I wrong!!
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? bunny ears and leg hooping in my non-dominant current... I know it's not impossible, but damn they are HARD!
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? at least 40
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? yes
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? haha they wouldn't dare, most people can feel when someone is extremely passionate about something, it's just not a line most people cross.
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? I haven't really hurt myself yet... just a couple of pulled muscles and a bruise here and there, but nothing stands out.
31. Have you ever hooped naked? All the time! <--- haha I wish
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? not yet... someday.

1. How old are you? Almost 30
2. When did you first start hooping? first when I was a little girl, recently started back up a month ago
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? I'd say still a beginner
4. How often do you hoop? usually every day
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? yes but its not great lol
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? nope but maybe one day I can start one!
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? Addicted. 
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? Zero but I record videos when I practice
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? No =( 
10. Do you teach hooping? no I don't
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? anything that makes me feel like dancing
12. What is your favorite song right now? Blinding by Florence + the Machine
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? I made two of my own
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? Not yet
15. What size is your favorite hoop? I has no clue, never measured it
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? not yet
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? youtube
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? don't know yet
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? keep trying
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? No, probably not right now but maybe in the future
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? I WISH I did!! 
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? Not much, usually a couple hours during insomnia
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? probably just hooping around my neck
24. What is the last trick you mastered? I don't think I have mastered anything yet
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? we'll see
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? dang corkscrew, I SO wanna figure it out 
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? I have no clue, I feel alone right now
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? does an audience of one count?
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? nope
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? just minor bruises
31. Have you ever hooped naked? not totally naked
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? None but hopefully the one coming up in KC soon!

1. How old are you? 23

2. When did you first start hooping? Last Summer 2011

3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? Intermediate 

4. How often do you hoop? A lot

5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? No

6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? Not that I know of

7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? Addicted

8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? No

9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? No, but I'm teaching people around me to get into it

10. Do you teach hooping? Not really

11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? Mostly Trance (Kaskade) or Dubstep

12. What is your favorite song right now? Angel on my Shoulder - Kaskade

13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? Both

14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? A little

15. What size is your favorite hoop? Not Sure..

16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? Love IT!!!

17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? Youtube and Venice Beach

18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? HHMM Don't know

19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? Practice and prepare for bruises

20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? No, but want to learn SSOO BAD!!!

21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? Yes, made it!! <3

22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? idk

23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? Vortex

24. What is the last trick you mastered? Knee to waist

25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? Chest hooping to shoulder hooping and back

26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? Isolation

27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? Have no idea... small town

28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? Uhm kind of if the drum circle counts

29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? Plenty of times!!!

30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? Severe bruises on my knees.

31. Have you ever hooped naked? LOL Once and it was AMAZING!!!

32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? No, but would love to go!! <3

1. How old are you? 49
2. When did you first start hooping? about 7 weeks ago
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? beginner
4. How often do you hoop?  everyday that I can.  :-)
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? I made space by moving my couch out of the way...priorities.  LoL
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? Sort of...and no.
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping?  both.  <3
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many?  I think about 5
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? my kids hoop with me.
10. Do you teach hooping?  I teach my kids the new tricks that I've learned.
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping?  Everything..depending on if I'm trying more off body tricks or want to spin.
12. What is your favorite song right now?  No favorites..whatever has a good groove..slow or fast.
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? I bought my first, but make my own so they are custom fitted for me...except the LED I just ordered.  Can't wait until it arrives this week.
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop?  I think it just keeps the weight off and tones me.
15. What size is your favorite hoop? I just downsized by making a 35" 165 psi so that I can practice barrel rolls without it hitting the ground since I'm so short.
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? Yes..I go to regional burns and always take my hoop.
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today?  Youtube vids..SaFire, Babz Robinson, Hoopsmiles and various other tutorials.
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? the three mentioned above.  I'll be starting SaFires online courses here soon.
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers?  practice practice practice.
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? No...one of my goals though.
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it?  My first one is coming this week.  I bought if off of ebay from Eco-Groupe
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? every day since I signed up this week.  :-)
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)?  lasso
24. What is the last trick you mastered? waste barrel rolls, chest rolls, and back rolls.
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? leg hooping.
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? vertical chest hooping
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city?  lots in my general area
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? only if you count the groups of people at regional burns.  :-)
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? Nope
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? I had massive (still healing) bruises to my shins and knees from practicing leg hooping.
31. Have you ever hooped naked? All the time!  Not yet.  :-)
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one?  No, but it sounds like fun.

1. How old are you?  35 years old

2. When did you first start hooping?  Feb 2012

3. Would you call yourself a beginner, Intermediate or advanced hooper?  Definitely still a beginner!

4. How often do you hoop?  I try to do some everyday, maybe as few as 4days

5. Do you have an indoor hoop space?  tiny house with low ceilings...definitely outdoors mostly!

6. Is there a hoop group where you live?  Did  you start it?  No, I might have to start one!

7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping?  I would say obsessed, not addicted

8. Have  you posted hooping videos? How many?  No...I don't have the technology yet...

9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with?  Not enough, searching for more!

10. Do you teach hooping?  I would try to share with someone what I know...

11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping?  no Dubstep!  Reggae is fun, some techno/electronic.  Balmorhea is beautiful to hoop to for a calming session...

12. What is your favorite song right now?  Shuffle, by Bombay Bicycle Club

13. Do you buy hoops or make your own?  Make my own

14. Have you lost weight since you started to hoop?  Maybe a couple of pounds.  

15. What size is your favorite hoop?  I am taller, so right now I am hooping with a 41"  Although I just made a 37" and it is so tiny!

16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place?  No, but working on it.

17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today?  YouTube

18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher?  BabzRobinson

19. What advice would you give to beginner hoopers?  Keep working at it if you want to get better.  It's like that with anything.  Determine what you want the experience to be for you.  it should be more than just exercise--it should be about fun, and expression and creativity.  It also is not necessary to fall into certain "hula hooper" classifications if that is truly not who you are (what I mean is that I am not part of the rave scene-- never have, never will--and I should not feel that I need to be. )

20. Do you fire hoop?  If not, do you want to?  No, not at the moment.

21. Do you own an LED hoop?  Where would you get it?  I have thought about doing my homework to make my own...however if it's very complicated I would think about buying one.  I'm not sure yet where from, but it would have to be affordable!

22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City?  10-20 minutes on average a day!

23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)?  Knee hooping?

24. What is the last trick you mastered?  The elbow pass--vertical. Not ready for those bunny ears yet!

25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn?  Still trying to get the "Across the chest roll thing"!

26. Which one are you finding almost impossible to get?  Single leg hooping.  

27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city?  probably four of us.  Haven't found them yet.

28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience?  I think my neighbors were considered an audience.

29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop?  Surprisingly not yet!

30. What's the worst injury you've acquired from the hoop?  I just had a chunk of skin taken off the bridge of my nose the other day.  

31. Have you ever hooped naked?  noooooo

32. Have you been to a hoop camp retreat? Which one?  No, but I would consider it!

1. How old are you? 19
2. When did you first start hooping? Not counting childhood, May 2011.
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? Hard to say. At present, I'm getting ready to relearn a lot because I had to stop hooping for about 4 months due to a vascular condition that I've recently had surgery for. I guess I'm between a beginner and an intermediate hooper.
4. How often do you hoop? When I was in good health, I did it just about every day (for three hours in the summer)!
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? I've managed to hoop in my dorm room if you can believe it. My living room at home proves likewise pretty spacious. My favorite indoor hoop space is my college's dance studio.
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? Yes and yes (with the help of two friends). We performed for our school's dance show!
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? I bet I could be...
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? On this site, just two so far. On my tumblog, juden-hoops.tumblr.com, I've posted far more.
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? Not in Philly, but I do back in my college town.
10. Do you teach hooping? As of July, the answer will be yes =) I just received an offer to teach an exercise hoop class for a workplace Biggest Loser program.
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? I like to hoop to rock. The high energy tends to mask my technical imprecision =P
12. What is your favorite song right now? Too much Elvis to decide from!
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? I have two hoops that I've bought (my first custom hoop and a polypro that used to have lights in it), but the rest I've made. But not especially well...
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? About 15 pounds, but I've gained some weight in muscle, which has been awesome!
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? Sure =)
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? I learned basic tricks from online tutorials and a few other tricks from hooping friends, but once I developed my flow, a lot of tricks just sort of spawned from me messing around with my hoop.
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? My friends in my Hoop Group.
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? Don't be intimidated by expert hoopers and believe you'll never get there. It sounds really cheesy, but the joy of hooping is in the journey. Don't second-guess yourself as long as you're having fun. As far as I'm concerned, you can't do anything wrong with a hula hoop--don't listen to people who say you're messing up or your form leaves something to be desired. Screw them. Hoop for yourself.
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? I have mixed feelings. It's obviously so awesome... but I can imagine a lot of stressful precautions go into doing it safely.
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? I used to. I bought it used off my friend for a decent price. After letting some drunk people play with it at a frat party, some wires snapped and appeared unfixable. I took the lights out and now have an awesome polypro hoop =)
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? Not much... trying to get into it.
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? Lifting with my right hand.
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? The kickstart. It seems so useful, and I'd love to know how to do it... but it's tricky!
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? In Philly, tons. In Aurora, NY, about four.
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? My Hoop Group did a routine for our school's dance show. I also entered a low-key talent show by myself and totally made up the routine as I went along... but I placed =)
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? Haha, no =P But my sister thinks I'm extremely weird because of it.
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? Interesting answer to this! Though it's only debatably an "injury," hooping exacerbated a condition I was born with called Paget-Schroetter Syndrome, in which bone and muscle compress a vein in the chest/arm. I had to stop hooping for a while and recently got surgery to remove my right first rib and reset my vein. I'm cleared to hoop again as soon as I recover =)
31. Have you ever hooped naked? Nah, my hoops are too dirty and gross for that to be okay.
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? Nope. Thought about going to one with my Hoop Group, but then I got sick.

1. How old are you? 24
2. When did you first start hooping? two months ago!
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? beginner/interm
4. How often do you hoop? try to every day!
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space?  barely :(
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? I know there is RVA hoophouse, but I've never been
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? YES
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? 2 on youtube :)
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? yes!
10. Do you teach hooping? i teach is someone wants to try:)
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? a wide variety depending on my mood
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? as of now I'm so impatient i have to buy them
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? maybe a bit... i can def feel the burn!
15. What size is your favorite hoop? 36"
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? sure
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? youtube videos
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? Brecken or Jon Hoopsmiles
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? keep going!!
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? i will!
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? yes! LEDCreations on Etsy
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? occasionally at work
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? lasso!
24. What is the last trick you mastered? still mastering the sliding door... almost have it down!
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? still learning shoulder hooping...grrr... oh and isolation's!!
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? nothing is impossible!
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? ...a lot
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? i have hooped in front of people i didnt know before...
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? no way
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? knee bruises
31. Have you ever hooped naked? <3
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? oooh how i would love to.. anyone wanna go with me?!

Introduce Yourself

1. How old are you? 

18 soon to be 19 in November :D

February of 2011 

Well I'm a tad bit modest so I'd say about intermediate :)

When ever I can. I'd say 8 hours a week on average

Nope, I hoop outside with the lovely sun!

No clue, Just moved to the Seattle area

I would, but that would be an understatement :) lol I mean with so many possibilities and fun you can have with hoops its just amazing!

Yeah just two but there old and kinda sucky lol :P

No but I would love to!!!

I've taught a friend before but no classes. Maybe when I'm better :)

Indie music some pop and just fun stuff with a great beat!

On Melancholy Hill by Gorillaz

13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? I have 

I've made all but one which is my LED hoop :)

Not really I'd say I've stayed the same

I think a 32 inch 

Yup I love hooping at parks :)

Youtube honestly lol

SaFire for sure!

Keep to it! its a fun way to pass time and stay active. Plus eventually you'll look like a pro!

I'd love to!

Yupperoni! I love her! Got her for Christmas from trohoops 

Well I just remembered about it but I plan on spending more time on it now!

the lasso then vortex and it just went from there!

A two beat weave behind the back! next is a three beat weave behind the back and possibly a five beat weave! just in the front direction though 

torso hooping hands down

the five beat weave is tricky beyond belief 

not a clue I'd love to know and meet them :D

Yes I have! For my theater 101 class for our personal definition of art, warrior Wednesday A little event hing at my college and for a fashion/talent benefit show.

Not a soul :) 

a bruise thats it

31. Have you ever hooped naked? 

In boxers once just cause I was curious if I could strip while hooping

not one but  so want to

1. I'm 17 years old

2. October 2011

3. Advanced

4. I was out of action December-early June, but I'm trying to get in the circle at least 3 times a week.

5. I kind of have to hoop indoors during the fall and winter, so yes.

6. Hoop is the most popular flow toy among people who hang out with the Detroit Fire Guild

7. Obsessed with hooping? Yes. Addicted? No.

8. I haven't posted videos but plan on it during Identity this year.

9. I have one hooper friend who lives ridiculously close.

10. I would be happy to teach hooping, but I think anyone from school would be too intimidated to ask, haha.

11. I like hooping to dubstep and glitch hop.

12. The Glitch Mob - Drive It Like You Stole It

13. I make most of my hoops.

14. No, I haven't lost weight from hooping, and I don't intend to. :p

15. 29"-32" range hoops are most comfortable

16. I love hooping in public! Reactions just nonchalantly dancing in the toy section of a superstore is the best!

17. I'm self-taught and just kind of tried out the tricks until I got it or somehow adapted it to my flow.

18. My favorite instructors are Baxter and Bonnie!

19. I'd tell beginner hoopers to JUST DO IT.

20. I own five quick wicks :)

21. I have one 28" orange and bwg hoop from Electric Lifestylz

22. Honestly, I'm rarely on HoopCity.

23. The first trick I learned was leg hooping.

24. The last trick I mastered was the pizza toss lift-up from knees

25. The hardest tricks for me to learn was the elbow pass

26. Body rolls are seemingly impossible for me!

27. There aren't many hoopers here, but a lot in Detroit and the surrounding areas.

28. I've performed multiple times.

29. Nobody has told me I was too old to be playing with a hoop.

30. The worst injury I've acquired was having broken blood vessels up the inside of both thighs from doing leg breaks

31. My nipples are too sensitive to hoop naked.
32. No.

1. How old are you? 24

2. When did you first start hooping? July 2012

3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? B e g i n n e r

4. How often do you hoop? erryday
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? nope

6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it?no. hmm great idea, maybe i will.

7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? freak ya

8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? yes 2 ---> Mrroxymoxy

9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? no but i am recruiting some =)

10. Do you teach hooping? no

11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? electric, meditation, earthy, jammin out, hip hop, psychedelic, classic rock, every style.

12. What is your favorite song right now? hmmm anything by Mai Krasnaia

13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? both

15. What size is your favorite hoop? 36 for now.

16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? yea, sorta kinda feel like trees are watching

17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? trial and error or youtube.

18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? hmmm....

19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? be one with Z hoop, create and illusion by extending the hoop to your self get to know your space and push the limit...all the lovely advice i have gotten.

20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? I WANT TO !

21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? NO, ONE DAY =)

22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? hmm periodically

23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? knee hooping yet I dont have it complelely.

24. What is the last trick you mastered? shoulder pass, real slow is the way to go, and more hands on tricks knowing the hoop and where it is gonna go.

25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? chest hooping

26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? elbow pass

27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city?   eeek i dont know that is why i am here =)

Los Angeles area !!!
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience?  NO

29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? hm no
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? other then smacking my face, my knees get it pretty bad sometimes.
31. Have you ever hooped naked? All the time!
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? no, i would love to go to one when i am advanced

1. How old are you?

About 4 months ago

Beginner

Right now probably 2-3 times a week, but I want to start hooping daily!

Yes, but ceilings aren't quite high enough, and always worried about breaking a window doing off the body tricks.  

Just the class I've been taking, and I'm about to move, so I'll have to find a group in my new city. 

Yes to both! I've been having hoop dreams!

None yet. 

Yes, but about to move away from several of them. :(

No.

Lately I really like electronic, trance-y or dance-y, female vocalists. Also love jamming out to ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra, check out their live recordings). 

Ellie Goulding- Anything Could Happen

13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? 

Bought, but want to make my own collapsible infinity style. 

Not sure, but my core seems to be more toned. 

Right now I think 39", 7/8 thickness, but planning to step down a size soon.

I think I will be once I'm back in California!

Taking a class from Claire French (Frenchy)

Frenchy has been my only one so far, but she's awesome :)

Well, some advice that I appreciated recently was to make sure to be proud of the tricks you already know, because to most people they look amazing! And don't get bogged down by what you don't know. 

Haven't yet, but we get to in class on Monday! Woo!

Not yet, but in process of ordering one from Rob the Cosmic Hooper.

Too much.... the forums have been really helpful!

Lift from waist to lasso

Going from hand hooping to rolling over the back and catching with other hand (not sure of the name)

The friggan Vortex! Everyone makes it look so easy! 

Hmmmm still working on a lot of tricks, but making progress.

No idea...

Nope, not yet.

Nope

So far just bruises on my hands.

31. Have you ever hooped naked? 

Not yet, but I will! Right now it's a bit cold in my house :p

No, but I really want to! 

RSS

© 2014   Created by SaFire*.

Hoop City Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service