Some of Our Best Features

Introduce Yourself

1. How old are you?
2. When did you first start hooping?
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper?
4. How often do you hoop?
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space?
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it?
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping?
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many?
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with?
10. Do you teach hooping?
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping?
12. What is your favorite song right now?
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own?
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop?
15. What size is your favorite hoop?
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place?
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today?
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher?
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers?
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to?
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it?
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City?
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)?
24. What is the last trick you mastered?
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn?
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get?
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city?
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience?
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop?
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop?
31. Have you ever hooped naked? All the time!
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one?

Views: 4556

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Introduce Yourself

1. How old are you? 31
2. When did you first start hooping? 2 years ago
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? intermediate
4. How often do you hoop? 3 or 4x week
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? No, I'm lucky, outdoor!
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? Yes there is and no I didn't -but I just did start one -I need to add it here on the site.
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping?  Addicted for sure
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? So far 9
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? yes
10. Do you teach hooping? Yes
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? Mainly electronica, always to some music by The Crystal Method
12. What is your favorite song right now? Road House Blues Remix by The Crystal Method
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? Buy
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? Yes
15. What size is your favorite hoop? Not sure ...
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? Yes!
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? On my own -watching videos
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? Hmmm ...
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? Practice, practice, practice -it will come ;)
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to?  Not yet!  And yes very badly so!
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? YES! Love it!  Got it from Hoopnotica
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? 1hr/week?
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? Halo
24. What is the last trick you mastered? Barrels
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? Shoulder Hooping
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? Some of the backhand loop passing
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? I live in LA -LOTS!
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? Not yet
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? F*no!
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? Hit in the lip a few times and bad bruises on the knees
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? Not yet -want to hold one at my house in Costa Rica www.thewhitehouseofcostarica.com

thats your house o.O omg id love to go hoop my heart out there!

Introduce Yourself: Leslie

1. How old are you? 38

2. When did you first start hooping? Feb 2011

3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? Beginner

4. How often do you hoop? everyday practicing various times throughout the day some days ends up being practically all day;)

5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? yes but it's crowded & trying to make more room;)

6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? no & yes I just started one!

7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? absolutely obsessed & addicted! (Very Fine line..lol)

8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many?no

9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? My boyfriend & I are learning together & have been helping to teach other kids in the neighborhood how to hoop & our first adult willing to try just volunteered to become a regular member of our group this weekend is our first hooping get together with everyone we can get involved we're all learning together & having such an awesome time!;)

10. Do you teach hooping? technically yes I do share everything i learn with a few of the neighborhood kids & those who will be in our group just beginning eventually yes I do plan to be "technically" teaching & giving lessons but right now more of a free helping each other kinda thing.

11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? at this point I just want to hoop it doesn't matter what I listen to lol Shpongle & Dubstep, Loreena McKennit, hip hop, you name it doesn't really matter I just want to move to the beat with the hoop in some way shape or fashion..lol Sometimes I find myself hooping to whatever videos I happen to be watching as well & you can usually tell if you'll like it by the way the music starts so guess whatever happens to really catch my attention at that particular time..lol

12. What is your favorite song right now? The Mystic's Dream by Loreena McKennit but I have many other favs as well but this one is beautiful & the feeling is awesome hooping to it!

13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? I have 14 hoops all store bought nothing fancy or worth anything other than to practice with but this weekend we're making our first batch of hoops for our hooping party on Sunday;) So very excited!

14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? Definitely & more flexible, I'm noticing muscles I didn't even know existed..lol they're becoming more defined & toned truly this is just the beginning I'm very confident this will help me reach my goals!

15. What size is your favorite hoop? I use a 34, 29 & 26 but honestly I want a bigger one that I can do more with & will hold up instead of crimp or bend while practicing kicking it up;)

16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? getting used to that & only started to be more in the public's eye. First performance is June 27th @ my 20 yr. reunion!;)

17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? watching a ton of videos & practicing constantly having a partner helps with figuring things out too when you're basically teaching yourself Thank God for Youtube!..:))

18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? there are so many wonderful hoopers out there I think it's hard to choose because they each have their own unique style and as a beginner everyone I've seen does awesome stuff so hard to decide:)

19. What advice would you give to beginner hoopers? Never doubt your ability to master a trick, no matter how hard it may be sometimes you have to step back, rethink the situation & keep trying eventually it will happen most likely when you least expect it to. Don't over think everything just learn how to feel it & go with the flow allow it to unfold before you instead of you worrying too much about everything & hindering your own self through thinking it to death which is a very hard challenge in the beginning! Definitely, most importantly becoming impatient or frustrated only makes it more difficult & counterproductive so take this opportunity to develop patience;)

20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? no, most definitely eventually yes!

21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it?no but we're going to try to make our own with some instructions we found through Psi Hoops website.

22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? been reading posts from here for several weeks but just registered yesterday finally. I spend several hours a day between here & hooping.org though reading articles, threads & have a hard time getting off the site!;)

23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? taking the hoop from lasso position in the air to around my neck to my shoulders & caught it on my hips keeping it going which was so exhilarating to me & significantly helped my self confidence!

24. What is the last trick you mastered? swing hoop around in your arm and over your back & drop into it to hoop at your waist.

25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? The vortex is still tricky for me lots of other things come easier but this one I tend to get my hands tied up or forget where to grab during the process I know what I'm supposed to do but it doesn't always happen right put it that way..lol

26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get?I'm having issues kicking it up I can get it to spin around my ankles no problem and get my foot in but it loses momentum before I can get it picked up my hoops aren't really sturdy enough where we have to do it on hard surfaces inside & outside so thinking better hoop may help!;)

27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? um..thus far only ones we know of is ourselves & the few kids we've been trying to teach & hoping to get more involved & revolutionize it here in Charleston, WV because no one ever hoops here it's like seriously obsolete!

28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? the neighborhood but nothing major since it's all learning stages right now but it's good practicing in front of others since my first performance is at my 20 yr. High School Reunion in 3 months! So I think it's helping me prepare for that plus we also walk our hoops to the local pharmacy that's about 1/2 mile away & soon as the weather is nice again we're going to start really hitting some great public places to practice & try to get others wanting to hoop & meet up regularly.

29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? yes..lol my mother but that's the power of being nearly 40 yrs. old I can do whatever I want..lol

30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? hand & ankle bruises thus far but I'm sure that's not the worst I'll see before it's over with;) sometimes I feel like I'm just beating myself up others it flows really well I know there's a happy medium..;)

31. Have you ever hooped naked? Who hasn't really is the question?..lol

32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? No but that would be so fascinating & awesome to experience!
1. How old are you? 21.
2. When did you first start hooping? Only a month ago. I'm very new to hooping. :]
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? Beginner, for sure. :]
4. How often do you hoop? Almost every day, if not every other day.
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? When it's chillie, I often hoop in the basement. There's plenty of space to practice.
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? I'm honestly not sure, I've seen hoopers around, but not too many.
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? Addicted. When I make a mistake it just makes me feel more dedicated to try and try again, until I start to get it down.
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? No. I'm still very shy, about that. :]
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? Not really. Some of my friends, like to play with me. But, aren't really into it.
10. Do you teach hooping? No. I'm definitely not ready to do that. Lol.
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? You and I - Washed Out, Siren - Emancipator, Let Your Love Grow - Modeselektor, The Black Block - Modeselektor, You Don't Know Me - Apparat, Arcadia - Apparat, Rusty Nails - Moderat, A New Error - Moderat, Moan - Trentemoller, Feel It All Around - Washed Out, etc. They always really put me in the mood to dance. :]
12. What is your favorite song right now? You and I - Washed Out.
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? Make my own. :D
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? I dunno, I haven't really paid attention to that.
15. What size is your favorite hoop? 43" in diameter, 3/4's of an inch and 160 psi.
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? Yes. I just kind of bliss out and relax.
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? Youtube, and playing around.
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? Hoopsmiles from Youtube. He's really helpful and, breaks everything down very easily to understand.
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? It's easie to be frustrated, and want to give up. But continue at it, and you will see results.
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? I do not. But, I really would like to. :]
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? No.
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? I've just signed up, but I'm sure it will be a lot.
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? Lasso.
24. What is the last trick you mastered? Chest hooping.
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? Chest hooping.
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? Bringing the hoop from your waist into lasso. Every time, I try I almost always hit myself in the head. Lol.
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? I don't honestly, know. I've seen a few, but not a whole lot.
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? No. Just friends, or outside. :]
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? No. Everyone's been quite supportive about, my hooping.
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? A nasty bruise on my chin, from trying to learn how to neck hoop. Lol.
31. Have you ever hooped naked? No. I do want to try, at least once though.
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? I haven't, no. But, I would love to go to one this summer. :]

1. How old are you? 30
2. When did you first start hooping? about five months ago
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? intermediate
4. How often do you hoop? every day
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? kind of--my study only has a desk in it, so there's a lot of space, but the damned ceiling fan really limits the off-body stuff. i guess you know you're a hooper when you live in Atlanta and you seriously consider removing your ceiling fan because it interferes with your hooping.
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? not that I know of
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? ohmigod, yes. yes to both.
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? hell no! i'm ridiculously camera shy... well, not shy, really; i just have a complete inability to act normally when i know i'm being filmed. i get all spastic and weird, and I start overacting, even when there's not supposed to be any acting involved. it's horrible. it makes charlie sheen look well-adjusted.
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? nope. i wish! my friends are supportive, but it's not really their thing.
10. Do you teach hooping? god, no. I admire those who do, though! for me, teaching falls into the same category as being in front of a camera--no one wants that to happen.
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? depends... anything syncopated is awesome, as well as stuff that I call "circus music." not sure how to explain that, but I know it when I hear it.
12. What is your favorite song right now? right now, I obsessed with the song "We No Speak Americano" (sic?), after having heard it in this hand-dancing video by the Riverdance couple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJANr7SCeU&feature=related. do yourself a favor and click that link. it's not a hooping video, but trust me, you want to watch it.
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? both! i used to buy them, but i just made my first polypro hoops--LOVING them. shoutout to hoopsupplies.com!
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? yes
15. What size is your favorite hoop? 36"
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? not yet
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? Youtube and SaFire's classes
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? oh, this question sucks--there are so many! ok, top four: SaFire, Arsyn of the Exentrix, Caroleena, and Chemigals
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? you CAN do that trick! just keep trying, and you'll get it sooner than you think.
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? no, and I don't really have any interest in fire hooping. i know myself well enough to know that i should stay away from stuff that needs to be handled with care. i don't really think fire hooping would be compatible with a scar-free lifestyle.
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? nope
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? too much!
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? the vortex
24. What is the last trick you mastered? the three-beat weave
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? the three-beat weave!
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? the elbow attack--how the hell do you get the hoop to make a revolution around your chest after the duck-in? i just cannot seem to get that one going.

27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? hmm, not sure. i think there are several, but there doesn't seem to be an organized hooping contingent. then again, I just moved here last year.
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? nope
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? haha, no! if they did, i guess i'd just tell them they were too old to be jealous of someone's mad hula hooping skills.
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? what I think is a pulled shoulder muscle. it's going on right now, and I haven't been able to hoop for the past three days. sweet baby jesus, it's driving me craaaazy.
31. Have you ever hooped naked? yep. verdict: awesome.
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? no, although I'd love to go to one at some point.

Hi :)

1. How old are you? - 14

2. When did you first start hooping? - When I was about 7/8
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? somewhere between intermediate/advanced
4. How often do you hoop? - hours every day
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? - yes
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? - nope
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? - yes, both :)
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? yes 4 - i have more to post as well :)
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? - nope
10. Do you teach hooping? - I teach myself. That counts, right? xD
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? - anything I like or that's upbeat
12. What is your favorite song right now? - don't really have one
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? - I buy them, but I'd love to make one someday :)
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? - I guess so
15. What size is your favorite hoop? - Not sure, it's an avg sized one. probably just under a metre or a metre?
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? - yes
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? - taught myself, made some up, been on youtube
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? - SaFire
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? - don't give up! If you can't do it for a while you WILL get it eventually! If you're learning a trick, the teachers don't usually tell you where to put your fingers when doing a trick. Try to pick it up by watching them. Practice slowly, step by step.
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to?  - nope, but yeah why not!
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? - no, but I want one!
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City?  - a lot! not sure exactly how much tho lol
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? besides waist, arm, hand, lasso, leg and foot hooping, the first trick I learned was the corkscrew :D
24. What is the last trick you mastered? - shoulder hooping
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? - shoulder/knee hooping
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? - hooping at my waist, knees, neck and having one up into the lasso at the same time
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? - not sure, I'm guessing about 20
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience?  - yes!
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? nope
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? I got a massive scratch across my face for about a week because there was a bit of plastic sticking out on my hoop. -this was while I was trying to learn neck hooping
31. Have you ever hooped naked? no!!
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? - no but I didn't know they existed! I'd love to!

Vene xxx

1. How old are you?  28
 2. When did you first start hooping?  Summer 2007
 3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? Advanced
 4. How often do you hoop? Most days
 5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? Yes 
 6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it?  Yes
 7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? Yes
 8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? so far 8
 9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with?  Yes
 11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? All sorts!
 12. What is your favorite song right now? Don't know how to choose, love so much music!
 13. Do you buy hoops or make your own?  Make (although did buy set of 5 aluminium hoops)
 14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? no idea
 15. What size is your favorite hoop?  35" and very light weight
 16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place?  Yes
 17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? Figured them out from watching performers videos
 18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher?  Don't know
 19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? Practice lots!
 20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to?  Yes
 21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? No
 22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City?  Only just joined, so don't know yet!
 23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? Turning (does that count as a trick?) or lifts I think?
 24. What is the last trick you mastered?  Balance on one leg, roll hoop across shoulder, down back, along leg raised off ground and catch hoop on foot. Also about the same time I mastered hooping on foot whilst rolling onto front, switch hoop on to other foot and roll back up other side.
 25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? Probably the tricks I most recently learned and probably 4 hoop box split.
 26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? Bridge with hoop on foot (but that's due to hand injury preventing me from doing this, I hope one day this will be possible).
 27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? Not sure
 28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience?  Yes
 29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop?  Hahaha no!
 30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? I wouldn't really say I have been injured hula hooping, got the odd bruise but I wouldn't really call that an injury (had far worse doing other circus skills)!
 32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? No, although I will be teaching at some hoop events this summer.
Hey! I see you live in the UK, and I do too. I was wondering if I could have more info about the hoop events you're going to do? I'd love to visit one!
UK Hoop Gathering
1. How old are you?  I turned 21 last month.
2. When did you first start hooping?  About a year ago, while at a friend's house, she gave me a hoop and turned me loose.
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? Beginner, for sure!
4. How often do you hoop? When ever I have the time and space available for doing so.
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? Sometimes, if I am able to move the furniture.
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? I'm not sure, I moved here about six months ago, and haven't met any other hoopers yet.
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? Yes indeed!
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? I've never filmed one. :(
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? Sadly, no..
10. Do you teach hooping? Negative.
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? Electronic, Dub Step, Hip hop, Glitch, Glitch hop, Trip hop, Jazz, Funk, Ska, anything with a good beat, really.
12. What is your favorite song right now? Zed's Dead remix of Eyes on Fire
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? The only one I have I made with help from my boyfriend. :)
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? Not lost weight necessarily, but I've toned up a little.
15. What size is your favorite hoop? I only have one, and I think it's 37 inches in diameter.
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? Yes, but it is sometimes lonely by myself, and awkward if I don't have music with me.
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? Being shown by my friend, a obsessive practice.
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? I don't have one, unless being shown by a friend counts.. Or watching other people.
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? The bruises will go away. I promise! Just stick with it. :)
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? I'd like to, but I don't have access to one, nor do I think I'm coordinated enough to take that on just yet.
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? No, but I want one, FOR REAL!
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? I just signed up! :)
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? I actually started out leg hooping first. It took me like three months of practicing everyday to be able to get it from my legs to my waist. My first real trick was "The Twisel" I think.
24. What is the last trick you mastered? I have to say, I'm getting pretty good at ISO's. :)
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? I can NOT get that dern hoop to stay around my chest. Seriously, why is chest hooping so hard?!
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? Well, I haven't had the time to try anything new lately, but I would really love to master "The Vortex".
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? No idea, but they should contact me, and we should have a hoop play date.
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? Not unless being in the park counts.
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop?  Never! Everyone I know thinks it's totally bad ass. :)
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? Whacking myself in my septum piercing. :( That one made me put the hoop down for a few days.
31. Have you ever hooped naked? Only once. It was the middle of summer, and I could NOT stand to wear clothes. It was really comfortable, and surprisingly easy to control the hoop.
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? Nope, but that sounds super fun!

Introduce Yourself

1. How old are you?

2. When did you first start hooping?

3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper?

theres always more to learn
4. How often do you hoop?

when i have time
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space?

No
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it?

Yes, i started a fad in my hometown
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping?

Yes for a period, and now ive been doing it three years and its mellowed out.
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many?

yeah, 5. lookup Brooxie La Cirque
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with?

Only if im teaching someone
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping?

PUNK ROCK AND ROCK N' ROLL
12. What is your favorite song right now?

Angry Samoans, I'm a Pig
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own?  

make my own
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop?

No, ive always been athletic
15. What size is your favorite hoop?

all sizes
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place?

Yes
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today?

Beating myself up with a hoop and learning on my from it.
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher?

Self taught
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers?

practice everyday, dont give up.
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to?

yes
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it?

yes, made it
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City?

first time
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)?  

vortex thingy
24. What is the last trick you mastered?

kicking it from my foot onto my body without using hands or arms.
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn?

hooping on the  just your sholder with your head dropped down

26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get?

still learning as i go, nervous about turning a circle when tossing a hoop in the air. broke my nose doing that 2 years ago

27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city?

2? idk
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? 

Yes, all the time, and from small crowds to big crowds
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? 

yeah, untill they see me bust it out 
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? 

broken nose
31. Have you ever hooped naked? 

yeah, but not performing naked. not a stripper.
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one?

nope

1. How old are you? 28 years young
2. When did you first start hooping? May 2010
3. Would you call yourself a beginner, intermediate or advanced hooper? I think intermediate
4. How often do you hoop? I try to hoop every day for atleast 15 mins as long as it's near me
5. Do you have an indoor hoop space? yes
6. Is there a hoop group where you live? Did you start it? yes, but they aren't regularly active, i'd love to start my own group where people want to hoop ATLEAST once a week or even 3 times a week!
7. Would you say that you are obsessed with or addicted to hooping? at times! it comes and goes. it's when i am consistently hooping that I become addicted.
8. Have you posted hooping videos? How many? Not yet!
9. Do you have friends nearby to hoop with? 3 lovelies
10. Do you teach hooping? I would like to, but I think I need to advance myself before that happens
11. What kind of songs do you listen to while hooping? Haven't really ventured too much.  But Lady Gaga inspires me to hoop.
12. What is your favorite song right now? Love Letters to Japan -The Bird and the Bee
13. Do you buy hoops or make your own? Make them!
14. Have you lost weight since starting to hoop? Maybe alittle
15. What size is your favorite hoop? 38 or 36 light
16. Are you comfortable hooping by yourself in a public place? I dont think i've tried
17. How did you learn the majority of the tricks you know today? friends and youtube
18. Who is your favorite hoop teacher? no
19. What advice would you give to to beginner hoopers? just do it! it's so fun!
20. Do you fire hoop? If not, do you want to? no but i cant wait to try!
21. Do own an LED hoop? Where did you get it? trick concepts
22. How much time do you spend on Hoop City? rarely, but wanna change that habit
23. What was the first trick you learned (besides waist hooping)? vortex
24. What is the last trick you mastered? knee hooping to waist
25. What trick so far was the hardest for you to learn? shoulder head duck (still challenging)
26. Which one are you finding is almost impossible to get? kickstart
27. How many hoopers would you say live in your town/city? 5
28. Have you performed hooping in front of an audience? no but i'd love to some day
29. Has anyone told you you were too old to be playing with a hula hoop? my brother
30. What’s the worst injury you’ve acquired from the hoop? bashed myself in the cheek
31. Have you ever hooped naked? not entirely!
32. Have you been to a hoop camp/retreat? Which one? nope

I live in Hermosa Beach, and in West LA often, so if anyone is around either of those areas and wants to hoop! HOLLA!

RSS

© 2014   Created by SaFire*.

Hoop City Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service