I have seen so many videos with this style of hoop dance and I would really love to give it a try. What exactly is this called, though? Full body hooping? How can I make one? What do you think of this style of hooping? 

Views: 978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't see the video.. But the only other hoops I know of are the big ones you spin on the ground with, roue cyr and lyra, which is a hanging hoop you dance on. Sorry if I wasn't any help:P

i THINK they're called Illuminum Circus Hoops.but i'm not sure,sorry :(

it's a Roue Cyr

It's a CYR wheel! I took a workshop with Olive Oyl and she was spreading the love about this outlet of expression... very neat. Here's a past thread on it:

OHMYGOD. Mind has been blown.

That was amazing!!

Im not sure about this but I think you can make one just like you make your regular PE practice hoops. I have seen at lowes and homedepot rolls of PE tubing this thick, then you just need a giant connector and probably a friend to help you because thats a big hoop! Could be worth a try the tubing just has to be strong enough.

Nevermind! I just did some research apparently they are made out of aluminum or not sure if a regular tube one would work. I have seen some giant hoops made out of pe and they are pretty sturdy but I think the roue cyr cant have any give to it.

um. That was like the hottest thing I've ever seen.

I believe the technical term is "awesome"

Martika's right. It's a cyr wheel. And they're suuuper expensive. You need one that's fitted for your height and weight and they're made of aluminum and steel (sometimes with a PVC coating). They cost about $1,200-$1,500, though if you get a used one (if you can find one that's good for your height/weight) you might be able to get it for more like $600-$1,000. 

cyr wheel


Where can I access my classes?

Unfortunately, I am going to have to MANUALLY transfer over 1700 students to the new site. When it is ready I'll be posting EVERYWHERE with instructions on how to log into your account. I'll do whatever it takes to make this work so you don't lose your access.

Predicted launch date: January 23rd, 2016

Thank you for your patience and support!

Much love,

Hoop City Sponsors

© 2016   Created by SaFire*.   Powered by

Hoop City Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service