Well, do you do something besides hooping? Or if you don't, do you find it enough of an income to support you?

I make my income in a number of different ways, I'm an art teacher for a Moms & Tots class, I work in a shared living environment for teens that have delays but came from rough family life, and I sell my wares online, which is a relatively new venture for me.

Besides that, I have done a few hooping performances which is always a sweet little cash injection, and I'm about to start teaching hoopdance drop in classes in February.

My dream job, though? I'd love to be a kindergarten teacher by day and a hoopdancer by night.

What is your day job? What funds your life and love of hooping?

Tags: job, life

Views: 1003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i had this problem in my old job as a sales executive, they all thought i was crazy, hooping in my lunch break in the park!
I'm in accounting as well. I don't mind, though. I work in public accounting, and most of what we do is helping people out. I am a little on the low side when it comes to attention span, so I also like how different each day/project is. But I work for a rather kooky firm!
I don't even want to answer this because I don't really consider my main source of income my "real job". It's what pays the bills (barely) while I work on making my hooping a sustainable career. :)
It's ok to say "hooker" on the internet, Jess. :p (you can kick me the next time you see me.)
Carla, why must you bring my secret shame to light here? This truly isn't the forum. *kicks*
Oh snap ;)
now now, ladies, play nice or I'll make a hoop like that Tira's and really let shit fly. ;)
Well, you know, she started it. ;)
thats right, she did!!! *kicks snowzilla*
You kick like a girl.
I agree. I clean office space right now, but the bonus is that the building I clean has an old (and amazing) auditorium with a huge stage that I have full access to!! I spend about 30 min a night on average hooping at work:) I also teach hoopdance 2 days a week at the YMCA and do performances, private classes and make and sell hoops. My current journy is learning energy healing so that I can totally make a living doing the things I love, healing and hooping!!!!!!
Its possible for all of us ladies, we just have to make up our minds and manifest away...Happy Hooping!
Neat question! I'm so curious about people too. I think "people" are my inspiration for many things.

I am currently doing Community Support Work (working with individuals with diverse abilities), and I am seriously contemplating working within the local school district as an EA (better pay and holidays!), but I am simultaneously studying Horticulture Therapy--basically, using plants, gardening and farming to rejuvenate, rehabilitate, reconnect, retrain. Hort Therapy can be applied much the same way as Art or Occupational (or Hoop!) Therapy.

My dream job: to have a Hort Therapy farm which combines art, dance, writing and movement therapeutically, and I've always wanted to work with women in transition. I dance with a Gypsy/Tribal Fusion troupe and we do get "paid", usually in the way of free tickets to festivals, etc. I also just joined a spinning troupe, and they do get paid, but again, much the same as my dance troupe. I'm also a mom of a brilliant little boy.

Whats important to me is to make what I value my day job, ya know?

RSS

Where can I access my classes?

Unfortunately, I am going to have to MANUALLY transfer over 1700 students to the new site. When it is ready I'll be posting EVERYWHERE with instructions on how to log into your account. I'll do whatever it takes to make this work so you don't lose your access.

Predicted launch date: January 23rd, 2016

Thank you for your patience and support!

Much love,
Safire

Hoop City Sponsors

© 2016   Created by SaFire*.   Powered by

Hoop City Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service