Hi Hoopers,

I just got the application for the Bozeman Hoopers to make an appearance in the Sweet Pea Parade.  This will be a great opportunity to introduce ourselves to the Bozeman community at-large and welcome new hoopers into the mix.   And it will be a great time!

Here's some important info that we all need to know if you want to be in the parade:

1.  The entry fee is $15.  I will collect the money in the next week or two and then turn it in with our application.  Please bring your spare dollars to hoop meet-ups on Mon's, Thurs', and Fri's for the next 2 weeks if you want to join in the fun. 

2.  The other option we have is to have a sponsor pay our fees (likely in exchange for posting a banner or something).  Does anyone have any suggestions of sponsors or should we just cover the small fee ourselves?

3.  There are some rules to this parade...

RULES(from the application form):

ALL ENTRIES MUST DISPLAY SWEET PEAS OR OTHER FLOWERS. Use of music is strongly encouraged.  We could simply put flowers on our stereo wagon or should we wear them in some way?

STAGING BEGINS AT 9:00 AM ON SAT, AUG 6th.  Staging will occur on Main Street between 8th and 11th Avenues.  Parade begins around 10am.  I think that we should bring goodies (glitter feathers, etc) to share at this point just to spice things up!

6 AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN IN THE CATEGORIES: BEST USE OF SWEET PEAS, BEST USE OF THEME, MOST ENTERTAINING BEST COSTUMES, BEST OVERALL, AND BEST CHILDREN’S FLOAT.

The $15 entry fees go toward $200 cash prizes to be awarded in each category. 

PLEASE AVOID STOPPING.  No stopping along the parade route except for performing in front of the judge’s stand (near Owenhouse Ace Hardware, south side of the street between Tracy and Black Avenues).  Entertain for the judges, but please limit your stop to a maximum of 30 seconds.  Try to maintain approximately 30 feet between entries along the parade route, avoiding long gaps.

OF COURSE WE'RE NOT DOING THIS TO WIN ANYTHING, BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT HAVING $200 IN OUR GROUP'S BUDGET COULD HELP US BRING IN A STELLAR HOOP TEACHER LIKE BRECKEN OR HOOP PATH!

So, please share your thoughts and ideas with the group through this discussion.  We will be given more detailed instructions once we are "accepted" into the parade.

Yahoo for Bozeman Hoopers!  This will be so much fun!

Blessings,

Ashley

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

Hi All Y'all,

I just got back from Michaels.  I have a bag full of sweet-pea making supplies and bling.  I'll bring it all tomorrow night. Could we please meet at Romney (inside or on the lawn) tomorrow, Thursday, so that we have access to an indoor space for crafting if we need it?  (I'm imagining tissue paper blowing away in the wind...)  I figure that we should make a few trial sweet peas together before we plan our image any further.  Also, I'll be teaching yoga until 6:30 right across the street from Romney, so it would just be so much easier. THANKS!

I talked with 3 of the Sweet Pea people today and tried to get some inside scoop on how to wow the judges - I think they will love us!!!

Thanks for getting that all together - I can't meet tonight, but am planning on Monday. 

Lindsay

Hi All,

Is anyone coming tonight?  Please let me know as today has been one of those super crazy busy ones and I'd like to chill at home after teaching yoga if no one's coming.  I'll work on the sweet peas at home and let you know how they work out....

Cheers,

Ashley

Are we meeting tomorrow to make flowers?  My memory sucks, but I thought that was what we decided.

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay,

Mary and Ryan took care of flowers for the most part.  (THANKS GIRLS!)  I think we should meet Thurs to make sure we are all on the same page for Saturday morning.  I can only stop by from about 6:35-7:00pm since I will have out-of-town company waiting on me back at home.  I have a number that we have to post on your car.  I think the plan is to meet on Sat at 8am at Meg's house near Beall Park.  More info to come!  We're going to rock the parade!

RSS

© 2014   Created by SaFire*.

Hoop City Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service