In this challenge we'll challenge ourselves to see how long we can hoop! This can be done in a ton of different ways.
Ideas and Options:
- How many times can you hoop on one leg? (with hoop rotating around support leg)
- How many times in a row can you hoop around a single shoulder before it drops?
- How many times can you pass the hoop on your elbows?
- How many times can you continually throw the hoop, catching and throwing it again each time before it rolls away from you??
- Pick a move and see how many times you can do it. Can you beat your best record!?
- Post below what moves you did for the challenge. How many rotations or throws did you get? What was your best record?
Post Due By: September 15th, 2012
- A choice of one free Hoop City class!
Winner: Ola for SO MANY SHOULDER ROTATIONS!
I like this one! I may give the elbows a shot :) can it be a full rotation? behind the back elbow to elbows in front to behind again?
So... do we do the one we know we can do the longest or the one we've most recently gotten the hang of... or both...? :)
Do which ever ones you want! It might actually be helpful to try moves that are new to you and then you'll improve AND know your personal best. ; )
Sweet I'm definitely gonna see how many rotations I can do on one shoulder, a test of patience....! :)
Super excited about this because I'm starting to get one leg hooping down and would love to break some personal records!!!
I have great ideas for this! I have a question though... Do you want video? Or are we just talking about what we did? I'm just wondering because I know some videos may end up taking quite some time.
Nah, no video necessary as the footage could get long.
Oh, I am SO in!
Wishing I had it on video, but yesterday while was teaching class I did 35 rotations on one shoulder / the shoulder duck out. I could've kept going, but I was supposed to be teaching class so I stopped to go back to teaching. I think the most I'd done before that was 10 or 11, but I'd never really tried to go farther. LOVE this challenge. Going to have to keep trying on my own time.
SHUT UP! 35? Holy Cow!
I have a deep love affair with the shoulder duckout! :D
And SaFire - Thanks SOOO much for showing me the hand-wrist overhead combo at Hoop Convergence. The tip you gave me really unlocked it for me and it's getting easier. Yay!!! I also ended up getting an Atomic Pro after our discussion about how great they could be for custom performances. I'm completely in love with it.
I wanted to see how many times I could vortex a few months ago and I stopped at 50...I'm anxious to set new personal records for all of the above :)