25 Things You May Not Know About Me (Taken from my Facebook Profile)
1. I've been meaning to do this for about a week now, but I'm not sure if I can think of 25 things.
2. People that drive below the speed limit when conditions are good are a major pet pet peeve of mine.
3. The mayo in my fridge is only good until Feb 7/09. I noticed that last night when I was making lunches.
4. When I was 4 years old, my house was destroyed in Black Friday (A tornado in Edmonton, AB). I guess it was actually my parents house, haha. My sister was a week old and we hid in the basement under the stairs until it was over. After that we had to go down the street to a neighbour who was taking all the people in that had lost their homes.
5. While our house was being rebuilt we moved to townhouses and I would always visit this lady who had beaded curtains in her hallway and would give me cookies.
6. I am the oldest sibling. I have one full sister and two half sisters.
7. The first letter of our names are one of L,M,N, or O and since all of our last names are Parker, we each represent L,M,N,O,P.
8. I killed the grass in my back yard last summer from hoola hooping too much.
9. I'm like a tree, I die a bit in winter but in spring and summer I blossom and am full of life.
10. I leave the house each morning for work by 7:10 am.
11. The grossest feeling would be to touch a newspaper with prune fingers after swimming or having a long shower. Ewwwww!
12. I like indoor soccer better than outdoor. I play defense.
13. I love to dance.
14. I'm really organized and I hate when my cupboards and closets get messed up.
15. Scott (my fiancee) does most of the cooking, not me.
16. I can't watch commercials without analyzing them most of the time. I think it's my marketing background.
17. I thought that we were human beans up until grade three when my teacher was reading the BFG and giant also thought that we were beans until someone laughed at him for thinking that. I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure it out if I didn't read that book!
18. When I was a teenager I wanted to marry Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins. Before that it was Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day.
19. My existence is at peace when I'm laying in my hammock or floating on a river/lake.
20. If I didn't have to worry about money I'd like to be a yoga teacher. I know you can make a decent living from doing that, but I think it would be less comfortable than where I am right now.
21. People at work seem to like to give me fish, alive or stuffed. That's how we got Thriller, and the Perch that I keep in my office.
22. I love going for walks in the city to places where you feel like you're not in the city.
23. I love going out to eat. I think Ernest's at NAIT is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at.
24. Halloween is my favourite holiday. I think it should be a holiday anyways! I love dressing up.
25. I miss having a shower with a window in it. It was awesome in the winter to open up the window and have the cold air hit my face.
Rosehip Hoop Dance's Journal
Posted on March 25, 2010 at 4:18pm
As I was cleaning the bathroom yesterday, I had a random thought pop into my head. I guess I have to preface the thought for this to make sense so here goes.
For as long as I can remember in my adult life, I've always had an ideal picture in my mind of how my life should look. I picture myself to be very fit with lots of energy, I don't go out a lot, don't drink very often and eat clean. My house is very clean and organized, I spend my weekends hiking through forests, running around…
Posted on November 13, 2009 at 6:25pm
I can't believe hoop city has almost been around for a year now. After looking at the featured hooper it reminded me of when I joined I wrote a goal for myself for 2009. I couldn't even remember what I wrote but I wondered if I've actually made progress in achieving it.
Well my goal was to find balance, and I think that I finally have found it again I'm happy to report. I think a lot of the stress from my new job didn't come because of the job itself, it was the way I handled the…
Posted on March 1, 2009 at 11:17am
Sometimes I can get so frustrated when I can't get something new and I'll want to quit and give up, but then instead I take that negative energy and force myself to continue and then eventually I pull off whatever I wasn't able to do and fall back in love with hooping again.
I kind of wish I didn't make me so crazy sometimes though and that I could just always enjoy it without trying to be better.
I feel like I always need to be learning something new and I can never just…
Posted on January 23, 2009 at 1:48pm
I just got back from a great hoop session! I'm so happy we were able to turn an underused boardroom into an exercise room at my office. No one was in there today and there is just enough room for me to dance and practice tricks!
I have been talking about hooping so much in the past week but have actually not been hooping at all so I figured today would be a good day to go burn off some energy and I felt like I had some breakthroughs today with some combos and tricks I've been trying…
Posted on January 19, 2009 at 11:17am
Ok, I really should be working, but I keep playing around on this site because it's so exciting to have a whole bunch of hoopers to interact with.
I can't wait till hoop classes start up again next week and for the weather gets nice so I have lots of room to hoop outside. Classes will keep me satisfied for a bit though anyways.
I need a good hooping name. Nicky Plum is the screen name I've used for ever, but I don't like being called Nicky, so it doesn't make sense to have…