Effective Hula Hoop Exercises for Weight Loss and Fitness Goals
Aside from weight loss tablets, hula hoop exercises are also among the best weight loss methods. That’s because they are perfect for building strength, burning calories, and dealing with mental health issues such as depression. You might find it challenging at first, effective but basic hula hoop exercises can be effective for achieving your fitness goals. So, continue reading to learn how these exercises can be the best fat burners for you to achieve your fitness and weight loss goals.
This hula hoop exercise is ideal if you want to work on your abs. Steps:
- Hold your hula hoop using both hands and spread your legs a little wider than shoulder width.
- Twist going to your left. Straighten your lower body. Do this for 5 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise, but this time twist going to your right. Do it for 5 seconds as well.
The exercise is good for your back and legs. It’s almost the same as driving with your hula hoop as your steering wheel. Steps:
- Hold your hula hoop in front and bend forward. It should come in contact with the floor. Stand and position your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your back straight and roll your hula hoop going to the right.
- Do this until you reach the opposite end.
- Roll the hula hoop going to the left and go back to your starting position.
Your arms and shoulders will be worked out in this exercise. Steps:
- Hold your hula hoop up and move it around your palms and forearms.
- Your elbows should be bent a little so that you can feel a burning sensation in your arms and shoulders.
Your hula hoop will act like a dumbbell in this exercise. Basically, it helps you do tricep extensions a little differently. Steps:
- Hold your hula hoop at the back of your head.
- Raise your right leg and put the sole of your right foot on the inner part of your left leg below your knee.
- Straighten your back and look forward.
- Bend your elbows to lower your hula hoop and go back to your initial position.
- Do this 10 times and switch to the other leg.
Squatting is a perfect exercise for your hips and thighs. Incorporating this exercise in your workout if you want to burn unwanted fat on the hips. Steps:
- Hold your hula hoop using both hands in front of you at arm’s length.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart, and your toes should be pointed out.
- Push your hips out, bend your knees, and lower your body like you’re going to sit.
- Move the tip of the hula hoop far from you to be able to properly squat.
- Return to your initial position.
Using a hula hoop has become a trend in fitness. If you’re lazy or you find it too time-consuming or tiring to go to the gym, these exercises are exciting and enjoyable ways to lose weight and maintain your health.