Divisional Learning and Outcomes
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten:
Your child will learn a new way to have fun and how to use the hoop. It will be like just a game to him or her.
Different games will be introduced to your child including using the waist for hula hooping and other activities to keep him or her constantly engaged.
Your child will be fascinated by his or her body moving with the hoop and in choosing their favorite hoop.
Your child will practice how to count, add, and subtract as he or she engages in play.
Grades 1 to 6:
- Your child will learn how to recognize and create patterns using the hoop.
- Your child will be able to identify hoop planes and how to describe them.
- Your child will learn how to tell the time through games and practicing hoop techniques.
- Your child will learn the science about levers and centripetal force.
- Your child will practice mathematical topics such as degrees and fractions using hoop maneuvers.
- Your child will learn how to control their breathing in exercise and how to exercise intensely and control exertion using waist hooping.
Grades 7 to 12:
- Your child will learn how to manipulate and use locomotive skills to accomplish complicated hoop maneuvers.
- Your child will explore different methods of hula hooping.
- Your child will learn to use the rhythmic repetition to calm down and cope with stress.
- Your child will learn the importance of exercise and fitness, the correct way to start and end exercise, and learn to love its effect on building healthy lifestyles.
- Your child will learn to use mathematical concepts to understand the circumference and diameter using the hoop.